Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Just a lot of what we've been up to

Ok this is a much longer post than I have done in the past- I apologize! I am going back to the beginning of March! I love my boys! Evan is getting so big and so much fun! He is starting to talk and continues to get into everything and he has started nursery but won't stay without mom or dad. The rec center downtown does an open gym from October to March. We really needed somewhere to go to get out of the house and this was a perfect place. They have a huge gym full of balls and other toys for the kids to go crazy with. It was a nice getaway and tired my kids out for me!

We took Ryan on his birthday because he took the day off.


So my hubby turned 30! And we had a weekend of celebration! Went out to lunch on Friday and had his party on Saturday. He handled it very well!
We had a Trivia party- birthday trivia, 90's trivia, and Ryan trivia. It was pretty fun. We played Ryan jeopardy! And everyone learned alot more about my husband that doesn't talk much :)

I forgot to take a picture of the cake before we dug into it. But it looked like an oreo! It was pretty good. I love making desserts.
Of course we watched Huskies basketball. I think everyone in my husbands family owns a UW shirt but me! I just throw on something purple!
I love hanging out with my kids. We have definitely gotten a touch of cabin fever and can't wait for the weather to warm up, but we have come up with a few things to keep us busy. We made cars out of boxes. We also made a puppet theatre and a playhouse!
Ryan is the greatest dad ever! And in this picture the kids were holding hands- it was so cute!
Here is what Ryan got for Christmas- He finally got it put together- lots of tools a workbench and tool storage. He is set now he just needs something to build or fix! I am sure I can come up with something :)
Well we tried going outside and it only lasted a few minutes- it is not spring yet. But we are ready for baseball to begin none the less.
My vacuum broke and Ryan was trying to look at it. Evan came in there with the screw driver and decided to give Ryan a hand. Too cute!
Did I mention already that Ryan is the greatest dad ever! Evan just loves being with him and has really started to enjoy looking at books - he hasn't gotten much into having you read them to him yet, but he will sit and look at pictures with you for quite awhile. It is a really special time because he rarely holds still.
We went out to dinner while Ryan's family was in town and Evan got his first kids meal- He was so thrilled he couldn't eat it fast enough- he has got two spoons :)He was so proud of himself- it was really fun to watch.
Hailey tries really hard to be a gymnast :) She is always coming up with dances and crazy moves to show everyone. She is pretty entertaining.

In the morning if I have had a good nights rest my kids are the best thing to wake up to. This was just a cute moment before we had started our day that we got to hang out and enjoy just being in our pajamas.
We ended up at the DI a few Saturdays ago and Evan found a sit and spin- he wasn't sure what it was, but he did not want to leave without it! So we brought it home and the kids love it- he is a pro at it! Remember when getting dizzy was fun :)

I always have to have my camera handy with this little guy. Toddlerhood is much more exciting (tiring) with boys! He is always getting into something. But he is so lucky he is cute- he gets away with alot more.

So we decided to try Blast off for the first time while Ryan's family was here for something to do. We have always thought the kids were a little too young, but with the horrible weather we were having we needed to find somewhere to let the kids run around. So Blast off it was. It was very well priced and the kids had a Blast :)!

I think I got just as good of a workout as the kids. To figure out most of it I had to go into the tunnels with them. It definitely brought out the kid in me. The playground is extremely large. We had a good time!
They had two playgrounds a smaller one for younger kids and a larger one. It was all new to us so both were very fun. In the small one Evan could go to town all by himself which was nice and he loved the freedom!
This kid has a pretty good arm on him and loves to throw balls. The ball pit was heaven!

My kids are alomst complete opposites- Ryan would push Hailey into the ball pit and she would get upset and tell him not to do that and she would usually get out or move away from her father. Evan on the other hand would laugh wiggle out and ask for more.

The best sound in the world is hearing my kids get along! They do most of the time actually- when Evan isn't getting into something of Hailey's they love being together. Evan is a big fan of his big sister and always wants to be close- which results in a ton of cute pictures. It is times like these I love being a mom and all the hard times are worth it.


This is my new favorite picture- my kids are growing up so fast and are so much fun and Ryan is the greatest dad ever! Can't wait for the rest of April :)

1 comment: