Friday, March 4, 2011

Our trip to Utah

Ok so my pictures are out of order on this post- but bear with me! My cousin called and told me that his family was getting sealed. He invited my family, but since Ryan couldn't get off work my mom and I took the kids and headed for Utah in the middle of the week. It was a pretty eventful 2 days!

This is where my pictures are If you can see Hailey's nose on Thursday after we got out of the temple we went over to the steps and Hailey climbed up 8 or 9 steps and begged me to take her picture. So I took out the camera and she tried to sit down- well she lost her balance and fell forward right on her little nose. I picked her up and cuddled her in my neck- when I pulled her back both her and I were covered in blood. Now Hailey had never bled - in her whole life! So she was pretty traumatized and we took her in the bathroom to clean her up. She kept telling me "It's not going to be ok mommy!" Bless her heart! It was pretty swollen and bruised but she was ok!

We did get a good picture before she fell :)

This is our car ride down- the kids did really well. Considering Evan slept most of the way and Hailey had a dvd player with quite a few shows to watch during the drive. They are pretty good travelers. It was good practice for this summer.

We drove down on a Wednesday and got there a little later than planned so we stopped at the mall and ate dinner. The south towne mall has a lot more things to do in it then our little Idaho Falls mall :) First we went on the Carousel! Evan did like it at first, but after a few minutes (and realizing I wasn't going to let him go) he enjoyed himself. My brother and I used to ride this all the time when we lived in Utah with my grandparents so it was fun to take my kids on it.
Then there were plenty of quarter toys to keep their intrest forever if I would have let them. But here are a few of the best shots. Evan really enjoyed "driving." But the way he was spinning that wheel made me nervous for the future :)

He loved getting in the ice cream truck and then getting back out all by himself! Bur of course he had to pose for a picture!

Hailey thought this was the greatest place she had ever been :)

Evan thought Bob the builder needed a kiss- this was not prompted but I am sure glad I had my camera ready for it :) He kisses so cute!

Hailey insisted she could push Evan around the mall and wouldn't let anyone help her. She did a pretty good job- she is such a cute big sister.

This was the last day- the Friday when we came home- we decided to make one last stop at the mall before we went home. This trip was more for me to shop, but we had some kid fun too! They have this little train that takes them on rides all around the bottom level of the mall. It was really fun and Evan was heard all around the mall screaming for joy!

Then they have this dinosaur playground that was the size of a store. It was great and had so many things for the kids to do. We really need one of these here in IF!

Of course we had to throw coins into the fountain. Evan has a pretty good arm and LOVED throwing the money in so much we had to leave before our personal belongings ended up wet :)

The ride home went just as well. I love my kids!!!

1 comment:

  1. Dani your children sure are beautiful. I can't believe how much Hailey looks like you. She is gorgeous and that little Evan's smile just can melt your heart. I hope all is going well for you. I sure miss you lots. Your family is adorable.

    ReplyDelete