Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Christmas is more fun with kids!


I absolutely love December. I love the decorations, the lights, the feelings, thinking about everyone else and what to do for them, the planning, the get togethers, the giving, the anticipation and everything else that goes along with it. Here is a little bit of what we did this year. Most of these pictures are the week before Christmas but we had fun all month!

I love getting the kids at least one Christmas shirt for pictures or to wear to all the parties and things we do during December. This was Haileys she was way to excited to make a gingerbread house this year- it was all she could think about!



I finally have a child old enough to put a gingerbread house together! :) We got some candy and things from a friend and made graham cracker houses. Hailey thought it was a blast and kept repeating "I've never done anything like this before!" Evan just got to sit in his highchair and eat frosting and candy - it kept him happy.

One of the Christmas activities we did the week before Christmas was to go to the Library for Storytime with Santa and Mrs. Clause. It was really neat- they told stories and sang alot of songs. The kids really enjoyed it!

On Christmas Eve we go to my parents for Dinner, some pajamas (or socks this year) and some games. I love spending the time with family. Brock brought out his guitar and the kids thought that was pretty exciting especially when he let them "play" it. Such a great uncle :)

Here is Evan's favorite present- we could barely get him out of it Christmas morning. He could have played in it all day. And he thought the horn was quite a treat!

Homemade presents are by far the best! The ones that take time and thought. Hailey made up a story just for her Daddy about Princess Hailey and her Daddy the King! It was so sweet we made it into a story book and she read it to Ryan on Christmas morning. She was so excited to give it to him. It was worth the work :)

Here is what it all looked like before the kids got into it :). Ryan and I had alot of fun~ Overall it was one of the best Christmases I have ever had. Being able to share more and more with my kids and see the Christmas spirit in their eyes has been wonderful. I love my family!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I love those pictures of Hailey and Ryan together! It's so sweet! I'm excited to have my own little one next Christmas!

    ReplyDelete