Monday, December 6, 2010

Trying to be Crafty :)

Ok so I bought a few stockings before I had kids that I thought were cute, but after I had kids realized how impersonal they were and wanted to do something. I am not a very crafty person, but I am trying to be. So I decided to put a little character on each of their stockings but I wanted it to be more of the bucilla style with them puffed up a little, so...

I printed out the picture that I wanted and cut it into pieces. Then I pinned it to the felt color I wanted and cut out the patterns. Most pieces had two sides and I sewed around the outside leaving only about 1/8-1/4 of an inch. Stuffed them with batting (not very much) and sewed them shut. When all the pieces were sewn I glued or stiched them together. And glued and stiched them to the stocking.

So this is Hailey's pretty much finished- I just need to stich her name on but it turned out pretty well. It looks pretty homemade, but I guess that doesn't matter.
Here is Evan's - I liked using all the other elements than just felt.

Ok so I didn't realize this picture was going to come out sideways, but here is a picture of the both of them mostly finished. Now they are more personal and I am one step closer to becoming "crafty" :)

Just to continue with the holiday theme- we decorated our tree! Everything is much more excited when you have kids. Holidays especially! It was so fun- the kids loved it.

3 comments:

  1. Those are super cute Dani! I'm very impressed at your crafty-ness. My kids have yet to get cute stockings. Not sure if it will happen this year either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are very cute. I aspire to be crafty as well. I am afraid it will have to wait until after the bog move. I hope you have a fantastic Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the stockings Dani! Though, I don't think someone who gets paid to paint murals can claim they aren't crafty! :) I totally agree holidays are so much more fun with kids!

    ReplyDelete