Sunday, November 28, 2010

My first Thanksgiving!

Well I got to host my first thanksgiving - now that I have a house that can fit everyone- and a table :). It was a great experience and a great week- I just love the holidays.

This is our two year running newest family tradition that we like to put up through the month of November. It is our Family Thankful Tree. We trace our hands and write what we are thankful for - it is a great reminder and makes a great decoration as well. Hailey comes up with her own things she is thankful for and we have been surprised and touched both years now with what she is grateful for. She is such a sweet girl.

Here is Hailey with her Grandparents- they were able to come and spend the week with us leading up to Thanksgiving and I am so grateful that they came- it made the Holiday so special to get to spend that time with them.

I had fun decorating the table and everything that came along with that. We got hailey involved coloring and making decorations - it was fun.

Well I cooked my very first turkey (with the help of my wonderful Mother-in-law) and Ryan got to carve his first turkey! It was quite a milestone for the both of us.
It was nice to have both my family and Ryan's family with us. I just love the holidays, it reminds you how important family is and that you need to spend time with them.


Here are the boys after dinner watching football!

Evan loved the food - he is my good eater :) And I don't think Hailey touched a thing.

But they loved the pie!!! I am so grateful for my family - Happy Thanksgiving

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had such a great time and got to spend it with your wonderful families!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you guys and your first Thanksgiving! Everything looked great. I love the thankful tree! Such a cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! We got to do last Thanksgiving at our house too. It is a ton of work but so fun to have everybody together!

    ReplyDelete