Thursday, November 4, 2010

Halloween week!

After the pumpkin patch we decided to paint our pumpkins- Knives didn't sound like a good idea and Hailey loves to paint! I think it turned out beautifully!

I decided to make mine with a happy face because Hailey asked me not to make it scary!

OUr Halloween actvities started out with trick or treat story time at the library- they had the storytime room all decorated and they told Halloween stories and then all the kids lined up and paraded through the library as all the librarians gave them candy and told them how cute they were.

We got there early- there ended up being alot more kids there!

And here is Hailey in line walking up the ramp!

Friday started out making Halloween Cookies with Grandma- it has been quite the tradition in my family growing up and I love continuing it with my kids. And so does my mom! This time Hailey got to do most of the work. Took quite a bit longer, but it was totally worth it! And they turned out too cute!


Then Friday night we took the kids to Boo at the Zoo- and it was such a zoo! There were tons of people- but it also was worth it. The decorations and everything was so cute! It got cold pretty quick so we ended up carrying Hailey most of the time, but she had fun and that is what matters.
Evan just liked looking at the animals again!

Here is our cute little witch- and she always had to remind you that she was a good nice witch- not a scary one!

On Saturday Hailey asked how long it was until she could get dressed up and go trick or treating and I told her probably 10 or so hours and she frowned and said, "I have waited so hard for Halloween and it has been very hard for me!" It was finally time and we got her all dressed up for the third time and she had a blast- I love trick or treating with my kids!

Evan didn't feel he needed to wear his pumpkin hat for three days in a row- I don't blame him!

It took Evan a few houses to get the idea, but after he did he was a hoot to watch! He loved the houses where they let you pick your own candy out of the bowl and he really loved the houses that just had bowls out on the front porch and you could pick whatever you wanted - I usually took him away from those houses kicking and screaming :).

I still can't get Hailey to say Trick or Treat, but some of the time she would say thank you- I guess that is better than anything.

I love living in a safe neighborhood where we can go to any house and all the neighbors are out. We picked such a great place to live!

The weather was perfect- they didn't even need jackets for the first hour or so- first Halloween in a long time it has been like that! All in all it was a great Holiday weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Oh- they look so cute! You do to might I add! So does your momma! and I totally agree the weather was so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute, nice little witch :) hehe and cute little pumpkin! I miss you guys so much! You are such a fun mom Dani. (PS we went to Kendall and Shelley's home ward party not the singles one :)

    ReplyDelete