Tuesday, September 27, 2011

New Mural!

So, I went into my eye doctor for a yearly visit (and I was out of contacts) and he asked what I had been doing that day. I am sure he didn't really care but I told him I just finished up a mural. he then told me he had been wanting to put a mural in the play room of his office for a long time. I was so excited I told him I would love to! I thought it would come far in the future but he was going out of town in just a few weeks. So I got started with sketches and getting supplies. He went out of town this last weekend, Thursday afternoon through Saturday. So in less than 3 days I painted for about 30 hours! I got it done and I love it :)
 I have always wanted to do a jungle mural since I was 15 years old! I loved painting the animals and we talked in the future about painting the ceiling, the 4th wall and other things.
(so I have contacts taken care of for a few years :).
 Here are just a few more pictures of what the room looks like.
It isn't as cool as actually being in the room though.




If you want to check it out you can go and see Dr. Jerry Carlson over at Aspen Ridge Eye Care on 17th street next to the Legends gas station!

8 comments:

  1. Dang, Dani. Dang. Pass some talent to the rest of us, would ya?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is incredible. I love it! I so wish you were here in Vegas! Chase loves animals and I have been putting up jungle animals in his room, but just vinyl ones cuz I can't paint. AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dani, this looks amazing! I can't believe you're already finished! I think all of the animals look great. That elephant is so cool. They all are! Good for you. You're so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dani, this looks so good! You did an amazing job on it! I wish that I could paint like you but I don't, so maybe that is why one day I will be flying you out to wherever I live to paint a mural for me....

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is absolutely amazing! You are so so so talented! Man I need to hire you out to do something in the girls' room! How are you? We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so amazing!! And so talented! Great job!

    ReplyDelete